Tuesday, January 1, 2008

At the begining of a New Year............











Well, it is the start of 2008! Happy NEW Year to all my family and friends!!!!!
Eric and Lenise came to Wisconsin for Christmas! Lenise had never seen snow and Eric had never experience this much snow!! We had 8" when they got here and during their stay, it snowed everyday and they left with about 12" total--maybe more!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!! WE all had a great time! For me it was heaven!!!!! They loved the snow and played outside alot. The woods picture is our backyard (just thought you would like to see the snow). Bailey was always at their sides and loved the snow as well. They both learned to knit using a loom. Lenise is wearing the red hat she made and Eric is not only wearing the hat she made him, he made a scarf to match the hat! (That is what he is working on in the picture above).
Roy has been put on insulin injections 4 times a day and is responding VERY well. The pain he suffers has been tolerable--doesn't go away--but he can tolerate it without wanting to "chop his hands and feet off". He still has bad days but they are very few and far between!
I think I like my job at the bank! It is busy so it goes really fast--they put me in the drive thru alot and people don't get out of their cars to come into the bank when it is below zero and there is over a foot of snow on the ground! My co-workers are great and I enjoy them. They are still not sure about me though--ya' know--the "Cheri Factor"! They have told me a joke that I thought was soooo true! I will share it with you--see if you agreee--

"How do you know someone is from Texas?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------They tell ya!"
We are planning to go the Frankenmuth, Michigan the last weekend in January for the "Snow Festival". We are really looking forward to it! We did not get to go to Jacksonport, Wisconsin on New Year's Day to watch to crazy Polar Bear people jump in the lake, this year. It was one of those few and far between days where Roy was hurting badly. So--I worked on a blanket I am knitting for our bed and watched the Rose Bowl Parade and putzed around the house! It was nice. It was a calm, peaceful way to start 2008!
Love to all! xoxox :)

No comments: