Thursday, August 30, 2007

and life continues.........

We are doing well. Roy likes his job very much. He will be there one year next week. In case you didn't know--he is the Manager for the Home Health and Home Infusion department for Bellin Hospital in Green Bay. I believe it is the first time in a long time that he has really looked forward to going to work! His health is "holding it's own". He has discovered several homeopathic medicines that make the constant pain tolerable. Doesn't take it away--just makes it easier to live with.

I am starting to teaching swim lessons and gym classes to preschoolers at the Green Bay YMCA on September 10th. I am looking forward to it! More on that after I actually start!

Our biggest perplexing thing is searching for a Church home! The selection is very slim if you are not Catholic. We have visited many Churches and we have found one that we are going to return visit on this Sunday. It has many of the things we are looking for in a church home: a sense of family, stability, stong community outreaches, and a choir! (That is my requirement!) This church even has a bell choir! We will see! More later.

Keith and Kay came to visit us this month! It was SO VERY FANTASTIC!!!!! We miss them very much. It was almost like what I imagine heaven would be like!!!!! It gets very lonely here. It seems that the people that we had made friends with have moved away or moved on! (That's one reason we need a new church home--friends!)

Anyway--more later--I have to go mow the grass!!!!!
Cheri
PS: If you want to see my jewelry blog, go to http://itsmecheri2098.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. It is great getting to "catch-up" on what is going on with both of you. Uncle Karmen and I really miss you guys. Sure wish we could have made it to Wisconsin again this summer. Unfortunately we haven't been able to go anywhere.

I'll be praying that you find the right church. I know how important that is. Keep you chin up and let us know how the new job goes at the Y. That sounds like lots of fun and right up your alley. Love ya, Aunt Eve